Sunday, April 26, 2009
Sunday night
Today I'm just glad for Sunday. Since church doesn't start until 1:00 this year, we had lots of time together as a family this morning. It was fun watching the kids play with Daddy (Annelise had a map of someplace in Norway and was using it to tell Brian where they needed to go in the house) and making chocolate chip cookies together as a family. Since Brian is at a church meeting tonight and the kids are asleep early, I have some time to just reflect on the day and the things I'm thankful for. Tonight I just feel really grateful to have Brian, Annelise, and Nathan in my life. Brian works so hard for our family and is a great husband and dad. It is fun to watch Annelise want to try everything and ask so many questions about life. It is also kind of a relief to see Nathan grow and get smarter. Brian and I noticed today that Nathan's mood has really improved in the last couple of weeks. He is talking a lot and this week has started bringing me books to read to him on the couch. It looks like he will be able to concentrate and focus on stuff after all (not just climb things). I especially love how Nathan will randomly wrap his arms around Annelise and give her hugs. Tonight I am also thankful that April is coming to an end quickly and that our baby will be here soon. Today I felt big enough to be ready for her birth any day, but I'll try to patiently wait out the next few weeks. Now we just have to settle on a name and get all the baby stuff ready. I am really looking forward to May!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad that Nathan can focus on things- I have the same hope for Lissie someday. :) Good luck with your May. Waiting the last month for a baby is the WORST!
ReplyDelete