Saturday, April 11, 2009

Nathan lost his first tooth


I never imagined I'd be writing about Nathan losing his first tooth at seventeen months. Also at the same time he has four teeth still coming in. But accidents happen. The proof is in the picture. On Wednesday afternoon Nathan was standing on a kitchen chair and fell off. Unfortunately this time he somehow managed to completely knock out his top left front tooth all the way to the root. Fortunately, he seems to be healing well at this point. He has no idea what has happened to him, but we'll keep the tooth so that when he reaches a more inquisitive age we can explain that he did in fact have that tooth and that years from now he'll grow a new one. For me, the experience was quite stressful. I have never dealt with quite so much blood, screaming, and chaos at once. We were lucky that it happened late in the day and Brian was able to meet us at the ER. I am very grateful Brian's more calm self was there since I was the one occasionally crying because the ER wait with a bleeding baby was taking too long for my liking. Of course like most ER visits they could do nothing for him, but next day our fantastic dentist looked at how he is healing. Too bad Nathan is too little to appreciate the tooth fairy. Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment