Sunday, February 26, 2012

major milestone


On Monday Annelise lost her very first baby tooth. Brian and I both lost baby teeth pretty late, so forgot that she might lost teeth anytime soon. Annelise and I were driving to Staples when she discovered the special loose tooth. By the time we were checking out it had already fallen out. How she didn't realize it was loose earlier is still a mystery.

She was thrilled. As soon as the tooth fell out she said, "Mom! My tooth fell out. Now I can get braces!" And she really was excited about the idea. Haha! I explained that she'd need to grow a lot of adult teeth first.
Oh, and she also let me know that the tooth fairy brought some boy in her kindergarten class $10 per tooth. What??!! Fortunately, she was happy with the $1 bill and $1 princess markers the tooth fairy brought to her pillow.

PS. I secretly enjoyed being the tooth fairy for the first time! I love the little moments that can be made so special in childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment