Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sunbeams update

Well I thought I had food allergies under control at church, but this past Sunday actually got worse. I think I need to speed up my allergy preparedness now that Annelise is involved in more things. During the lesson this week the class had a special visitor who shared a little message and then gave each child a hershey kiss. I knew Anneliese couldn't eat it because of the milk but she begged me and I was not prepared with substitute candy. So I gave her maybe a 1/4 of the little hershey kiss. She ate it and looked fine, but within a minute complained that her mouth hurt. So I took her to get some water, found Brian and gave her some Benadryl and then took her back to class. The class ended a few minutes later at which time Annelise threw up all over the carpet and herself. We cleaned up the mess and drove home. I brought her into the house and she threw up again in the kitchen. So glad it wasn't the van! So tomorrow is the big day when Nathan and Annelise both get allergy tested. Reports to follow...

1 comment:

  1. Poor thing and all because of a 1/4 of a kiss?!! How did the allergy test go?

    ReplyDelete